2. Personal information that we collect
- your name, address, contact numbers and date of birth, so that you can open an account with us;
- payment information and your credit card details, if you wish to use the tracking and similar services by using the App and ERA;
- transaction details;
- your image, if you choose add a photograph to your account (option);
- your internet connection where you are connected to the internet (for example your IP address); and
- your device's unique identity and type.
You do not have to provide your personal information to us, but without providing certain information (such as your banking information), you may be unable to use our services. Please also be aware that by using the App or ERA, certain information (such as your device's identity) will be collected by us automatically to help to secure your information.
3. Information about others
You need to be mindful that we may collect, store and use information about others which you provide to us. This includes details about friends or family, such as their name, email address, date of birth, if they should be able to access your personal data.
If you are using the App or ERA to see the live or historical track or location of anyone else you must obtain their consent to use their personal information, including possibly, if relevant or applicable, their sensitive personal data as described below. We proceed on the basis that you have obtained these consents.
4. How we use personal information
We use the personal information collected through the App or ERA for a number of purposes including as set out below and in section 5 :
- to fulfil our agreement with you, including processing your account and providing your service, or contacting you if there is a problem with the aforementioned;
- to meet our legal compliance obligations for accounting and audit purposes (including fraud auditing);
- to carry out credit checking and credit scoring;
- to administer payment processing and fraud prevention;
- to personalise the content of the App and ERA and the website (as well as our communications with users) to fit users' preferences;
- to register you with our app and ERA and administer our services where you have registered to receive these. You can unsubscribe from these services at any time;
- to administer any promotional offer you may receive from us;
- to answer any queries which you may send to us by email;
- in order to conduct customer satisfaction surveys;
- to provide service updates;
- to undertake data analysis (see section 11);
- to send you communications about promotions, services, products and facilities offered;
- for crime prevention and detection; and
- for direct marketing and market research purposes.
5. Sensitive personal information
Sensitive personal data may include data about an individual's health (eg: driver profiles) and other categories of personal data which are closely protected. We do not generally collect this information from you but where we do we seek to minimise the collection and use of it. An example, but not limited to;
- may require medical permission to drive or operate machinery;
you agree that you have voluntarily provided that information to us and that the information may only be used with your consent for the purposes of assisting your designated fleet manager to provide you when required, appropriate welfare and support as required.
In each case, you specifically consent (on your behalf and on behalf of those you are committing to our service) that we can use and transfer outside your local country to anywhere in the world where you may require our services.
6. Providing information to others
We may need to disclose information about you to our trusted partners. These include:
- related entities that form part of the Trackitnow group of companies, including directly contracted and associated companies that Trackitnow derive essential technical and essential operational services.
- governments, border control agencies, regulators and others as permitted or required by law;
- third parties whose products or services you are purchasing, such as fuel, tyre repair, car body repair, tourism agencies, hotel and car hire companies, or food and confectionary outlets;
- law enforcement bodies, if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order, however only where we are under such a duty to disclose this information;
- banks and payment providers - to authorise and complete payment transactions; and
- our fraud prevention provider - to detect and minimise fraudulent transactions.
You agree that we may disclose or share your personal information with such partners in order that we may operate the Trackitnow range of services.
7. Working with other service providers and our group companies
For operational reasons, we transfer personal information to service providers and Trackitnow Group companies who help us manage our systems and processes, and to deliver our products or services to users.
These service providers and group companies may be located in your country, countries in the European Economic Area, or elsewhere in the world. Different privacy laws may apply in these countries.
You understand and unambiguously agree and consent that we may transfer personal information to these countries so as to be able to provide our services. Where required under applicable laws we will take measures to ensure that personal information handled in other countries will receive at least the same level of protection as it is given in your home country.
In the event your personal information is transferred to a foreign jurisdiction, it may be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction and we may be required to disclose it to the courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities in those jurisdictions but we will only do so in accordance with applicable laws.
8. Keeping information secure
We will take appropriate steps to protect the personal information you share with us. We have implemented technology and security features to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. We invest significant resources to protect your personal information, from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, no app or system can be 100% secure and we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control.
9. Updating your account and preferences
10. Keeping your records
Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner and, where required by applicable law we will notify you such information has been disposed.
11. Cookies and other tracking technologies
12. Access Rights
You have the right to request copies of your personal information within our custody and control and details of how we use that information. We may, where permitted under applicable law, charge you a fee for responding to your request for access to the information that we hold about you, or for information about the ways in which we have used your personal information.
We will endeavour to respond to your requests within all applicable timeframes.
If the personal information is found to be inaccurate, we will correct the personal information. You also have a right, in certain circumstances, to require us to stop processing your personal information.
If you decide you no longer want to use the services offered by the App or ERA then you may delete the App or ERA from your device at any time, however our standard terms for cancelling a contract will still apply. Please see our general TIN “Terms” and Conditions for more details . Please see section 10 (Keeping your records) regarding the information we may need to retain.
14. Third Party Sites
There may be links to third party websites from within this App or ERA. Such sites are outside of our control and are not covered by this policy. The operators of these sites may collect information from you in accordance with their own privacy policies, which may differ from ours.