In November 2007, joint founders Andy Tomalin, with over 19 years of knowledge and experience in the telematics and mobile telephony industry, and Chris Simms an engineer and serial entrepreneur with over 22 years experience in the construction, fleet and waste management sectors, set up Trackitnow Ltd.
Andy and Chris decided to bring together their wealth of IoT knowledge and understanding of the requirements of business owners and fleet managers and deliver to their customers a versatile, affordable and reliable vehicle tracking and fleet management service.
Trackitnow is the sole designer and owner of the intellectual property for the platform and is not a reseller of any other service offered elsewhere.
Trackitnow developed a method for creating bespoke customisation for their customers that have many unique requirements. For customers needing a bespoke approach, Trackitnow works hard to connect customers tracking and fleet data into their existing back office systems or customer facing portals. This is a fast developing aspect to the business.
In the last few years and with the emergence of cheaper handheld rugged mobile tablet devices, it has been possible to deliver new and exciting solutions with end-to-end workflow processes, assisted by the use of user locations.
By the end of 2015, Trackitnow had reached a landmark with over 10,000 devices supplied to over 1000 business clients, accessed by thousands of people in the UK and 21 European countries on multiple platforms.
ERA, which stands for "electronic remote archive" is the user interface, available for PC, Mac and all web enabled mobile devices and is developed in-house by Trackitnow in Kettering Northamptonshire.
In 2018 Trackitnow owpened a new tele-sales and support centre in Kettering Northants.
In 2019 Trackitnow completed a R&D project deliving machine data for static and skid mounted industrial equipment with a unique portal view, comprising white lable customer facing monitoring data.
Recent developments include:
- Fleet and system dashboard.
- Live traffic information with street view on the system map.
- P11D calculations and employee reporting.
- M2M Static plant and machinery performance and fuel monitoring for water pumps, heating system and power generation.
- Driver behaviour in cab monitoring and reporting.
- The integration with Tachograph systems to enable scheduled automatic download of driver card and vehicle data.
- CANbus integration for an even greater level of vehicle performance analysis.
- CANbus data mapping and interrogation for plant and machinery application.
- Car and surround DVR video monitoring with 4G download link.
- API feeds to third party solutions.
- Mobile workforce POD and photo capture work and delivery systems
- Personal "man down" locating status updates.