A system designed from the ground up to be reliable, accurate with automatic fail-safe and redundancy built in for added peace of mind.
Trackitnow have developed this system from the ground up, from the database architecture, hardware design and functionality and the ERA software user interface platforms.
Our systems have been designed by keeping in mind the paramount importance for maintaining redundancy and reliability:
- Our in vehicle tracking hardware can store over three months of historical information without even connecting to the mobile phone network. Data is passed to the servers when that data connection is resumed
- Our tracking hardware has external GSM & GPS antenna's that offer greater signal strength Our tracking hardware uses the latest GPS / Glonass chipsets
- Glonass is the more accurate Russian version of GPS and Trackitnow use this for redundancy
- Our unique tracking hardware firmware uses built in fault detection and automatic repair tools
- All Trackitnow hardware has CE approval
- Trackitnow operate a private cloud server, offering unrivaled performance and redundancy
- Our servers are fully backed up on site and on remote site for very fast service recovery
- Our servers have multiple Tier 1 connections
- Trackitnow uses its own UK and European roaming SIM cards which access all of the major GSM networks
- All of our tracking devices firmware can be upgraded over the air if required ensuring future proof functionality
The diagram below shows how the system works:
The Trackitnow vehicle tracking hardware receives signals from the GPS & Glonass satellites orbiting the earth, and calculates the vehicles relative position to a commonly used map overlay. The positions are stored in the devices memory and transferred via GPRS (over the GSM networks) to our UK based servers. The information can then be viewed on any of the ERA tracking platforms along with detailed address locations. Many types of "status" and "historical" reports can be generated by contrasting and comparing relative vehicle locations from one moment in time to the next.